Monday 26 March 2012

Dip Dye Mania.

The dip dye trend has taken over the streets of London... everywhere I go I see a handful of girls in these shorts. Unsurprisingly on the high street they retail for about £30+. I thought to myself why pay that amount when I have everything I need to make a similar pair of shorts at home... so that is exactly what I did.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- an old pair of jeans
- nail file or sand paper
- scissors
- bucket or bowl
- some water
- bleach

STEP ONE:
Mark & cut the jeans to the desired length


STEP TWO:
Roughen the edges of the shorts by rubbing the nail file or sand paper back & forth against the shorts ( the same way you would file your nails)


STEP THREE:
Create rips in the shorts by getting a small section cutting it and then rubbing the nail file over the section you have just cut.




STEP FOUR:
Once you have made the shorts look the way you wish, pour some water into the bowl/bucket fill up about 1/4 of the way ( depending on how big it is) fill with some bleach




STEP FIVE:
Tie the shorts in the centre using an elastic band or some rope & place in the diluted bleach





BEFORE:  

 AFTER:                                          









No comments:

Post a Comment