Tuesday 29 November 2011

kw by kanye west

Kanye west has evolved greatly in terms of fashion, when Kanye first entered the music industry he wasn't seen as anything other than a music artist. But now I respect him for his taste in fashion and his music. He has such a confidence that isn't just displayed in his demeanor but also through the way he dresses.There were a lot of rumors circulating about Kanye and a clothing line, him wanting to go to CSM (Central Saint Martins) to study fashion design and not being accepted - never really knew what to believe. But I was filled with utter happiness when I heard that he was to debut his clothing line at Paris Fashion Week. I could not wait to see what it would include.  He recieved a lot of what I thought to be harsh criticism, which he did not reallydeserve in my view. I feel that most of the criticism he recieved was biased, as most people had made a judgement on the collection before it even made it's debut, because Kanye is a rapper turned designer.


A lot of the stuff I would pick up and wear out without a second thought - so it definately fits the label of "ready to wear" . I do see where some of the critic is coming from as there does not seem to be any type of structure and flow to the collection - but for a first attempt I do commend Kanye for the reason that he had no previous experience in the fashion industry and gave it his best shot which was good, but not great however.

KW by Kanye West recieves 1/2 a thumbs up from me !


xoxo
Grace